Around 90% of the people prefer using awnings attached to their caravans. This can help make the camping trip whole lot easier. While some might consider it an additional task to setup a fabric and frame domain every time they go out camping, it can actually improve and enhance the caravan experience.
Using an awning can allow you to have some extra living and storage space. It allows you to sit back and relax despite any kind of weather. It can provide shade when the doors are rolled back so that you can enjoy the view.
Caravan awnings provide an ideal space for placing your tables and chairs and having an impromptu lunch or dinner while also enjoying the great weather outside. On the other hand it could also provide a play area for the children when you want some peace and quiet in the caravan. You wouldn’t have to be worried about the children being exposed to the heat because it provides ample shade
Caravan awning buying guide
Also people who are thinking about shifting from caravanning to tent camping, awnings can be pretty easy to use. The following guide would help you select the right caravan awnings:
- If you are considering buying a full awning, to keep in mind that it is actually going to double your living space. Some awnings project up to almost 3.5 meters. On the other hand if you decide to buy a porch awning which does give you a bit of extra space but would be great if you are not keen on transporting a big or a heavy awning every time you take camping trip.
- The awning that you buy depends on a number of factors. The first and foremost being the purpose. Would you like to dine out under the shade of the awning? If you’d then you should consider that the awning should have enough space to accommodate tables and chairs.
- Some people even consider sleeping under the awning if they do not want to sleep inside the caravan on days which are too hot.
- Choosing the fabric for the caravan awning is crucial. You have a choice of choosing a lightweight fabric or one which is heavy yet provides the right kind of shade and comfort. Lightweight polyester is pretty quick to dry after rain and is light in weight therefore it is much easier to handle, construct and put away. It is ideal for people who want to enjoy the weekend stays without any heavy duty work.
- However acrylic awnings have their own set of advantages. These tend to be more resistant to the effects of the ultraviolet light.
- Also consider the caravan awning frames which might be made of steel, aluminum, glass fiber. Manufacturers offer buyers a choice between each of these particular awning frames. The price range of the awning would differ a great deal. A light frame costs comparatively less than a heavy duty frame.
Kakadu Annexes is the trusted brand in Australia. Check out their caravan awnings.